On December 17, 2020 the Board of Directors of your credit union approved a proposition to merge with MidUSA Credit Union and to convert from federal share (deposit) insurance to private insurance. You are encouraged to attend a special meeting of our credit union at 3115 South Dixie Drive, Dayton, OH 45439 or virtually at https://www.cuballot.com/thinkheartland-meeting
on May 4, 2021, at 6:00 PM (ET) to address this proposition. Please note that you will need to enter your account number and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to join the meeting online.
Purpose of Meeting
The meeting has two purposes:
- To consider and act upon a proposal to merge our credit union with MidUSA Credit Union, the continuing credit union.
- To approve the action of the Board of Directors of our credit union in authorizing the officers of the credit union, subject to member approval, to carry out the proposed merger.
If this merger is approved, our credit union will transfer all its assets and liabilities to the continuing credit union. As a member of our credit union, you will become a member of the continuing credit union. On the effective date of the merger, you will receive shares in the continuing credit union for the shares you own now in our credit union.
Currently, your accounts have share insurance provided by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government. The basic federal coverage is up to $250,000, but accounts may be structured in different ways, such as joint accounts, payable-on-death accounts, or IRA accounts, to achieve federal coverage of much more than $250,000. If the merger is approved, your federal insurance will terminate on the effective date of the merger. Instead, your accounts in the credit union will be insured up to $250,000 by American Mutual Share Insurance Corporation (American Share), a corporation chartered by the State of Ohio. The federal insurance provided by the National Credit Union Administration is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government. The private insurance you will receive from American Share, however, is not guaranteed by the federal or any state or local government.
|IF THIS MERGER IS APPROVED, AND THE MIDUSA CREDIT UNION FAILS, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK.|
Other Information Related to the Proposed Merger
The directors of the participating credit unions carefully analyzed the assets and liabilities of the participating credit unions and appraised each credit union’s share values. The appraisal of the share values appears on the attached individual and consolidated financial statements of the participating credit unions.
The directors of the participating credit unions have concluded that the proposed merger is desirable for the following reasons:
MidUSA Credit Union, chartered in 1934, offers a full range of financial products and services. MidUSA has all the services you currently have, along with other benefits, such as:
- Five additional branch locations, all with drive-thru
- Expanded hours of operation, including Saturdays
- Additional ATM locations
- Increased member service support staff ready to help with all your banking needs
- Night and weekend call center availability/chat assistance
- Instant issue debit and credit cards
- Cash back debit card rewards
- Prepaid debit cards and gift cards
- Home Advantage Program - Resources to search, buy, or sell a home
The Board of Directors of our credit union believes the merger should not include an adjustment in shares for the following reason: Our credit union’s share value approximates MidUSA Credit Union’s share value, so no adjustment is necessary.
The main office of the continuing credit union will be as follows:
- 3600 Towne Boulevard, Middletown, OH 45005
The branch offices of the continuing credit union will be as follows:
- 1 Reynolds Way, Kettering, OH 45430
- 3115 South Dixie Drive, Dayton, OH 45439
- 1260 East Ash Street, Piqua, OH 45356
- 1620 Upper Valley Pike, Springfield, OH 45504
- 1201 Crawford Street, Middletown, OH 45044
- 21 West Dorothy Lane, Kettering, OH 45429
- 933 West State Street, Trenton, OH 45067
- 536 West National Road, Vandalia, OH 45377
The merger must have the approval of a majority of members who vote on the proposal, provided at least 20 percent of the total membership participates in the voting.
Enclosed with this Notice of Special Meeting is a Ballot for Merger Proposal and Conversion to Nonfederally-insured Status. If you cannot attend the meeting, please complete the ballot and return it to E Space Communications Inc., PO Box 3156, Dublin, OH 43016 by no later than 6:00 PM (ET) on May 4, 2021. To be counted, your ballot must reach E Space Communications Inc. by the date and time announced for the meeting.
By order of the Board of Directors.
John R. Ferneding
Chairman of the Board of Directors
April 5, 2021